Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Elephant 60/40

If elephants were green instead of gray, this would be the color I would expect them to be. Light, almost pale in hue, with lots of little red fibers stringing out in chaotic order. If you haven't been able to tell yet, today's review is for a local strain known as The Elephant.

Everything about this bud truly fits it's name. Most of the flowers are big and lumpy. The smell is very musky with a hint of fresh sweet grass. It's bald in most places, but the hairs are obvious in the places they pop out. It burns a little on the intake, and the finish leaves behind a very strong flavor of old hay cleared away from an elephant enclosure. Not my favorite flavor, though I'm fond of strains named after the characteristics of the blend itself.

Being mostly a sativa, it definitely effects you sooner rather than later. Like it's mammalian counterpart, this blend may not seem all that exuberant, but it can reach top speed in under 60 seconds and can really go the distance. That being said, I can't say I would really go for this blend on a regular basis. And it's not for any lack of achievement on pain killing or anxiety releasing, it can definitely do the job there. I'm just not much for the taste. Though I would definitely use some sweat leaf from this blend for medibles.

No comments:

Post a Comment